King of Prussia, PA – Motorists will encounter lane restrictions on several state highways in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counites for resurfacing operations as a part of several projects to repair and resurface more than 200 miles of state highway in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule and locations are:
• Monday, March 16, through Friday, March 20, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on Valley Road between Whitehorse Road and Yellow Springs Road in Willistown and Tredyffrin townships for milling operations;
• Monday, March 16, through Friday, March 20, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on Route 82 (Doe Run Road/Lincoln Highway) between Strasburg Road and 1st Avenue in Coatesville City and East Fallowfield Township for milling operations; and
• Thursday March 19, and Friday, March 20, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on Route 82 (Unionville Road/Union Street) between Cedarcroft Road and Hillendale Road in Kennett Township for milling operations.
• Sunday, April 12, through Saturday, April 18, from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM, lane restrictions are scheduled on U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) between Old Eagle School Road and Airdale Road in Radnor Township for milling and paving operations.
• Sunday, March 29, through Saturday, April 4, from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM, lane restrictions are scheduled on Route 29 (Gravel Pike) between Zieglerville Road and Second Street in Upper Hanover, Marlborough, Upper Frederick, and Lower Frederick for milling townships and paving operations.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because slowdowns will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
Under these improvement projects, PennDOT is milling the existing roadway surface and repaving the state highways with new asphalt. The new pavement will seal the roadways and provide motorists with a smoother riding surface.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/phillypenndot and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robyn Briggs, 610-205-6799
# # #