Westmoreland County Surface Improvements
Uniontown, PA – PennDOT District 12 would like to advise motorists that approximately 31 miles state roadways will be resurfaced in Westmoreland County beginning in May / June and continuing throughout the summer. Because each roadway is different, these daylight projects may include milling, base repair and placing an asphalt overlay. Traffic will be controlled by flaggers when necessary and the project depends on the weather conditions. Tentative locations are approximate. Start dates will be updated as they get closer.
• Route 56 in the City of New Kensington west of the intersection of Route 56 / 366. (.55 mile),
• Route 130 between Route 2017 (Beatty Road) and Route 30 in Unity Township and the City of Greensburg. (5.35 miles) And, ramps at Route 30 / 130 intersections. (.36 mile),
• Route 819 between Route 380 and Main Street in Salem and Bell townships. (4.01 miles),
• Route 982 between Route 130 and Route 30 in Unity Township. (5.76 miles),
• Route 3025 (Vernon Drive) between Route 51 and Route 136 in Rostraver Township and West Newton Borough. (3.36 miles) And, a small section of Route 136 in West Newton Borough. (.04 mile),
• Route 3049 (Guffey Road) in Sewickley and North Huntingdon townships. (4.18 miles),
• Route 4001 (College Avenue) in the City of Greensburg north of the railroad tracks. (.47 mile),
• Route 4007 (4th Street / 3rd Street) in the City of Jeannette. (1.19 miles),
• Route 4075 (Milligantown Road / Schafer Road) between Route 780 and the Allegheny County line. (2.67 miles) And the intersection of Route 4075 and Route 4036 (Oak Lake Road) in Upper Burrell Township. (.14 mile), and
• Route 4081 (Wildlife Lodge Road / Milligantown Road) between Route 4077 (Bair Road) and Route 4079 (Garvers Ferry Road) in the City of Lower Burrell. (2.94 miles).
Construction on the above roads consists of milling, superpave asphalt courses, base repair, pavement markings, drainage, and other miscellaneous construction on all or portions of the selected State Routes, all as indicated on the approved drawings for various State Routes in Westmoreland County. The contractor on this $7,579,309 project is Tresco Paving Corporation.
Below are surface improvements that are continuing from last season’s contract:
• Route 51 in Rostraver Township from the Fayette County line to the ramps for Route 201. This stretch is approximately 4 miles.
• Route 119 in the City of Greensburg from Main Street to Arch Avenue. This stretch is approximately 0.2 miles.
• Route 286 in Bell and Loyalhanna Townships. Beginning at Route 819 and ending near Dogwood Drive. This stretch is approximately 3.5 miles. Paving is occurring this week,
• Route 3007 in North Belle Vernon Borough and Rostraver Township from the Route 8016 Interchange and ending at Fayette County line. This stretch is approximately 0.7 miles.
• Route 3020 in Irwin Borough and North Huntingdon Township. Beginning at Clay Pike Road and ending near Route 30. This stretch is approximately 2.5 miles. Milling is occurring this week and paving should occur next week,
• Route 3026 in the City of Greensburg and Hempfield Township. Beginning near Route 30 to Main Street. This stretch is approximately 1.8 miles. Work Is occurring on ADA ramps, and
• Route 3105 in East Huntingdon Township from Route 3105 to Route 819. This stretch is approximately 1 mile.