PennDOT Connects, the department has been working with local governments to ensure that community needs are considered at the very beginning of every project.
RELATED: PennDOT Connects bring collaboration in focus
As part of this innovative initiative, PennDOT has created
online training courses that address a series of topics related to the project planning process.
- Access Management Regulations and the Coordinated Highway Occupancy Process
- Loan and Funding
- Sight Design and Roadway Standards
- Transit Revitalization Investment District (TRID)
- Capital Improvement Programing (CIP)
- Integrating Transportation and Land Use in Comprehensive Plans
- Traffic Operations
- Transportation Impact Fees
The topics were selected based on feedback received during workshops that were held across the state to introduce PennDOT Connects to municipal officials. Each course provides an overview of PennDOT Connects, defines the topic and course objects, explains the advantages and other consideration associated with each of the topics, identifies best practices, and provides the next steps toward implementation.
More information and resources is available on the
PennDOT Connects website.
More articles about PennDOT Connects: