King of Prussia, PA – Motorists will encounter lane restrictions on several state highways in the Philadelphia region for resurfacing operations as a part of several projects to repair and resurface more than 200 miles of state highway in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
Work on these projects will be in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and state Department of Health guidance as well as a project-specific COVID-19 safety plan, which will include protocols for social distancing, use of face coverings, personal and job-site cleaning protocols, management of entries to the jobsite, special signage and relevant training.
The work schedule and locations are:
• Tuesday, May 26, through Thursday, May 29, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on Winchester Avenue between Pine Street and Bridgetown Pike in Langhorne Borough and Middletown Township for milling and base repair operations.
• Thursday, May 28, and Friday, May 29, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on Valley Road between Whitehorse Road and Yellow Springs Road in Willistown and Tredyffryn townships for milling operations.
• Tuesday, May 26, through Saturday, May 30, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) between County Line Road and Radnor Chester Road in Radnor Township for milling and paving operations.
• Tuesday, May 26, through Thursday, May 29, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on Route 73 (Skippack Pike) between Mara Drive and Bethlehem Pike in Whitpain and Whitemarsh townships for milling, paving, and manhole operations; and
• Tuesday, May 26, through Saturday, May 30, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on Route 29 (Gravel Pike) between Zeiglerville Road and Third Street in Lower Frederick Township and Green Lane Borough for milling and paving operations.
• Tuesday, May 26, through Thursday, May 29, from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on Columbus Boulevard between Race Street and Oregon Avenue for milling operations; and
• Thursday, June 4, and Friday June 5, from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on JFK Boulevard between 15th Street and 20th Street for milling operations.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because slowdowns will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
Under these improvement projects, PennDOT is milling the existing roadway surface and repaving the state highways with new asphalt. The new pavement will seal the roadways and provide motorists with a smoother riding surface.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/phillypenndot and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robyn Briggs, 610-205-6799
# # #