PECO to Restrict Several State Highways Next Week for Utility Improvements in Chester and Montgomery Counties
King of Prussia, PA – PECO Energy is planning single lane closures next week from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM on several state highways in Chester and Montgomery counties for utility construction, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule is:
- Monday, February 17, through Friday, February 21, a lane closure is scheduled on Route 82 (Doe Run Road) between Crest Place and Strasburg Road in East Fallowfield Township;
- Monday, February 17, through Friday, February 21, a lane closure is scheduled on Route 113 (Black Rock Road) between Winding River Lane and Riverwalk Drive in Phoenixville Borough;
- Monday, February 17, through Friday, February 28, a weekday lane closure is scheduled on Route 724 (Schuylkill Road) between Maurer Road and Rapps Dam Road in North Coventry Township;
- Tuesday, February 18, through Wednesday, March 18, a weekday lane closure is scheduled on Route 100 (Pottstown Pike) between Katie Way and Boot Road in West Whiteland Township;
- Tuesday, February 18, through Friday, February 21, a lane closure is scheduled on Route 162 (Strasburg Road) between Telegraph Road and Jolene Drive in West Bradford Township;
- Thursday, February 20, and Friday, February 21, a lane closure is scheduled on westbound U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) between Davis Avenue and Planebrook Road in East Whiteland Township; and
- Monday, February 24, through Friday, March 6, a weekday lane closure is scheduled on Route 3 (Market Street) between Church Street and High Street in West Chester Borough.
- Monday, February 17, through Saturday, February 22, a lane closure is scheduled on Route 73 (Cottman Avenue) between Shelbourne Street and Rockwell Avenue in Cheltenham Township.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
PECO Energy will complete these projects under a PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit. For a list of all utility work and other construction projects impacting state-owned highways in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, visit our District 6 Traffic Bulletin.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/phillypenndot and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Brad Rudolph, 610-205-6800
# # #