I-95, U.S. 1 Lane Closures Next Week for Inspection Operations in Philadelphia
King of Prussia, PA – Lane closures are scheduled on several state highways in Philadelphia next week, including Interstate 95 and U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Boulevard), for inspection operations, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule is:
- Tuesday, February 18 and Wednesday, February 19, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on southbound I-95 between Route 63 (Woodhaven Road) and Cottman Avenue interchanges for bridge inspection;
- Tuesday, February 18 and Wednesday, February 19, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, on Hunting Park Avenue between Kelly Drive and Clearfield Street for bridge inspection;
- Tuesday, February 18, through Friday, February 21, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, in both directions on I-95 between Enterprise Avenue and Interstate 676 interchanges for overhead sign structure inspection;
- Wednesday, February 19 and Thursday, February 20, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, on Tacony Street between Fraley Street and Aramingo Avenue for bridge inspection;
- Thursday, February 20 and Friday, February 21, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, in both directions on U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Boulevard) between Large Street and Bridge Street for bridge inspection; and
- Thursday, February 20 and Friday, February 21, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, on northbound U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Boulevard) between Tyson Avenue and Ryan Avenue
Monday, December 16, on eastbound I-676 between 16th Street and 8th Street interchanges, for bridge inspection.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because slowdowns will occur. The schedule is weather dependent.
The inspections are part of PennDOT’s program to ensure the safety and overall condition of their bridges and other structures.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/phillypenndot/ and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Chelsea Lacey-Mabe, 610-205-6798
# # #