King of Prussia, PA – Daytime and nighttime lane restrictions are scheduled next week on U.S. 13 (Chester Pike/MacDade Boulevard) and State Road in Delaware County for resurfacing operations as part of an improvement project to repair and resurface 47 miles of state highway in Delaware County, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule is:
- Sunday, June 9, through Friday, June 14, from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM, lane restrictions are scheduled on U.S. 13 (Chester Pike/MacDade Boulevard) between Stuart Avenue and Rundale Avenue in Folcroft, Sharon Hill, Collingdale, Darby, Yeadon, and Glenolden boroughs for milling and paving operations; and
- Sunday, June 9, through Friday, June 14, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM, lane restrictions are scheduled on State Road between Shadeland Avenue and Parkview Road in Upper Darby Township for milling, paving and utility adjustments.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because slowdowns will occur. The contractor's schedule is dependent on the weather.
State highways completed under this resurfacing project include:
- MacDade Boulevard between Fernwood Avenue and Cooke Avenue in Ridley Township and Glenolden Borough;
- State Road between U.S. 1 (Township Line Road) and Lansdowne Avenue in Upper Darby Township;
- Route 420 (Woodland Avenue/Lincoln Avenue/Kedron Avenue) between Route 291 (Governor Printz Boulevard) and MacDade Boulevard in Ridley and Tinicum townships, and Prospect Park Borough;
- Lenni Road between Llewelyn Road and Route 452 (Pennell Road) in Chester Heights Borough and Aston and Middletown townships;
- Route 420 (Woodland Avenue) between Baltimore Pike and Route 320 (Sproul Road) in Springfield Township;
- Powell Road between Thomson Avenue and Springfield Road in Springfield Township;
- Steel Road between Burmont Road and Drexel Avenue in Haverford Township;
- Ellis Road/Ardmore Avenue between Lawrence Road and County Line Road in Haverford Township;
- Newtown Street Road between St. Davids Road and Andover Road in Newtown Township;
- Old West Chester Pike from south of Hilltop Road to Route 3 (West Chester Pike) in Haverford Township;
- Coopertown Road between Darby Road and College Avenue in Haverford Township;
- Primos Avenue/Oak Lane/Oak Avenue between North Springfield Road and Hook Road/Delmar Drive in Darby Township and Folcroft, Glenolden, Collingdale, Aldan and Clifton Heights boroughs;
- South Avenue/Providence Road between Franklin Avenue and Oak Avenue in Upper Darby Township;
- Lynn Boulevard between U.S. 1 (Township Line Road) and Route 3 (West Chester Pike) in Upper Darby Township;
- Earlington Road between U.S. 1 (Township Line Road) and Eagle Road in Haverford Township;
- Garrett Road from south of Burnley Lane to Route 3 (West Chester Pike) in Upper Darby Township;
- Bishop Avenue between Providence Road and North Springfield Road in Upper Darby Township;
- State Road/Old Marple Road between Route 252 (Providence Road) and West Springfield Road in Media Borough, Upper Providence and Marple townships;
- Route 252 (Providence Road) between Route 320 (Providence Road/Chester Road) and Baltimore Avenue in Nether Providence Township and Media Borough;
- Kerlin Street/Eighth Street between U.S. 13 (West 9th Street) and Main Street in the City of Chester and Upland Borough;
- Upland Road/Main Street between Route 352 (Edgmont Avenue) and Sixth Street in Brookhaven, Parkside and Upland boroughs; and
- Bridgewater Road between Concord Road and Chester Creek Road in Aston Township and Brookhaven Borough.
Additional state highways scheduled for resurfacing under this contract include:
- U.S. 1 (Township Line Road) between State Road and Bella Vista Road in Upper Darby Township; and
- Lansdowne Avenue/Darby Road between Garrett Road and Route 3 (West Chester Pike) in Upper Darby and Haverford townships.
Under this improvement project, PennDOT is milling the existing roadway surface and repaving the state highways with new asphalt. The new pavement will seal the roadways and provide motorists with a smoother riding surface.
Highway Materials, Inc. of Flourtown, Montgomery County, is the general contractor on the $11,265,975 project, which is financed with 100 percent state funds from Act 89, Pennsylvania’s Transportation Plan.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PennsylvaniaDepartmentofTransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Ayanna Williams, 610-205-6801
# # #