I-95, I-676, I-76 Among Several State Highways Restricted Next Week for Bridge Inspections in the Philadelphia Region
King of Prussia, PA – Lane closures are scheduled next week on several state highways including Interstate 95, Interstate 676, and Interstate 76 in the Philadelphia region for bridge inspections, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule is:
- Monday, March 18, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on northbound I-95 at the Edgemont Avenue/Avenue of the States Interchange in the City of Chester, Delaware County;
- Tuesday, March 19, and Wednesday, March 20, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, lane closures are scheduled on I-676 between the Benjamin Franklin Parkway and I-76 West interchanges in Philadelphia;
- Tuesday, March 19, and Wednesday March 20, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on eastbound I-76 at the Interstate 476 North interchange in West Conshohocken Borough, Montgomery County;
- Tuesday, March 19, and Wednesday, March 20, from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, lane closures are scheduled in both directions on I-76 between the Girard Avenue and I-676 East interchanges in Philadelphia;
- Wednesday, March 20, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a left lane closure is scheduled on westbound I-76 at the U.S. 1 South (City Avenue) Interchange in Philadelphia;
- Thursday, March 21, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on southbound I-95 at the Edgemont Avenue/Avenue of the States Interchange in the City of Chester, Delaware County; and
- Thursday, March 21, and Friday, March 22, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on Route 563 (Mountainview Road) between Route 313 (Dublin Pike) and Old Bethlehem Road in Haycock Township, Bucks County.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
The inspections are part of PennDOT’s program to inspect bridges at least once every two years to ensure the safety and overall condition of the structures.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 860 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PennsylvaniaDepartmentofTransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Ayanna Williams, 610-205-6801
# # #