Surface Improvement Updates
Uniontown, PA – PennDOT District 12 would like to update motorists on the approximately 31 miles state roadways that will be resurfaced in Westmoreland County this construction season. Because each roadway is different, these daylight projects may include milling, base repair and placing an asphalt overlay. Traffic will be controlled by flaggers when necessary and the project depends on the weather conditions. Tentative locations are approximate. Start dates will be updated as they get closer.
• Route 56 in the City of New Kensington west of the intersection of Route 56 / 366. (.55 mile),
• Route 130 between Route 2017 (Beatty Road) and Route 30 in Unity Township and the City of Greensburg. (5.35 miles) And, ramps at Route 30 / 130 intersections. (.36 mile),
• Route 819 between Route 380 and Main Street in Salem and Bell townships. (4.01 miles),
• Route 982 between Route 130 and Route 30 in Unity Township. (5.76 miles), paving is ongoing and will continue in the coming weeks.
• Route 3025 (Vernon Drive) between Route 51 and Route 136 in Rostraver Township and West Newton Borough. (3.36 miles) And, a small section of Route 136 in West Newton Borough. (.04 mile), Paving has begun.
• Route 3049 (Guffey Road) in Sewickley and North Huntingdon townships. (4.18 miles) – Has a utility delay.
• Route 4001 (College Avenue) in the City of Greensburg north of the railroad tracks. (.47 mile), Milling has begun.
• Route 4007 (4th Street / 3rd Street) in the City of Jeannette. (1.19 miles), Has a utility delay.
• Route 4075 (Milligantown Road / Schafer Road) between Route 780 and the Allegheny County line. (2.67 miles) And the intersection of Route 4075 and Route 4036 (Oak Lake Road) in Upper Burrell Township. (.14 mile),
Construction on the above roads consists of milling, superpave asphalt courses, base repair, pavement markings, drainage, and other miscellaneous construction on all or portions of the selected State Routes, all as indicated on the approved drawings for various State Routes in Westmoreland County. The contractor on this $7,579,309 project is Tresco Paving Corporation.