Washington County Surface Improvements
Uniontown, PA – PennDOT District 12 would like to advise motorists that approximately 27.7 miles state roadways will be resurfaced in Washington County beginning in May / June and continuing throughout the summer. Because each roadway is different, these daylight projects may include milling, base repair and placing an asphalt overlay. Traffic will be controlled by flaggers when necessary and the project depends on the weather conditions. Tentative locations are approximate. Start dates will be updated as they get closer.
• Route 19 between Interstates 70 / 79 and State Route 1047 (Manifold Road) in South Strabane Township. And, Route 19 between Route 1053 (Waterdam Road) and just north of McMurray Road in Peters Township. (1.56 miles),
• Route 231 (East Finley Drive / Wayne Street) between Mosier Hill Road and Claysville Taylorstown Ridge Road in Donegal Township. (1.89 miles),
• Route 980 (Robinson Highway) between State Route 4013 (Valley Street) and the Allegheny County line (near Route 22). In McDonald Borough and Robinson Township. (5.91 miles),
• Route 1005 (Muse Bishop Road) between Route 50 and Route 980 in Cecil Township. (3.05 miles),
• Route 1009 (Morganza Road) between Route 1002 (McMurray Road) and Route 1023 Galley Road. (1.2 miles),
• Route 2011 (Marianna Lone Pine Road) between Route 2005 (Baker Hill Road / Brush Run) and Route 2020 (Ten Mile Road – East Marianna) in Amwell and West Bethlehem townships. (6.66 miles),
• Route 4029 (Cross Creek Road) between Avella and Atlasburg in Smith and Cross Creek townships. (7.26 miles), and
• A small section of Route 2023 (Bentleyville Road) in Fallowfield Township. (.21 mile).
Construction on the above roads consists of milling, Superpave asphalt courses, base repair, pavement markings, and other miscellaneous construction on all or portions of the selected State Routes. This project also includes Inlets and Pipe Placement on Route 2023. The contractor on this $7,229,969 project is A. Liberoni, Inc.
Below are surface improvements that are continuing from last season’s contract:
• Route 2019 (Almond Street / Wherry Road) between Ellsworth and Cokeburg Junction is being paved this week, and
• Route 2030 (Persil / Coal Center Road) east of Bentleyville is being paved this week.