Fayette County Surface Improvements
Uniontown, PA – PennDOT District 12 would like to advise motorists that approximately 20 miles state roadways will be resurfaced in Fayette County beginning in May / June and continuing throughout the summer. Because each roadway is different, these daylight projects may include milling, base repair and placing an asphalt overlay. Traffic will be controlled by flaggers when necessary and the project depends on the weather conditions. Tentative locations are approximate. Start dates will be updated as they get closer.
• Route 21 in German Township between Leckrone Highhouse Road and just past the intersection of Leckrone Masontown Road. (1.95 miles),
• Route 40 in Redstone Township between Grindstone Road and Route 43. (1.74 miles),
• Route 381 in Wharton and Stewart townships and Ohiopyle Borough between Route 40 and Ohiopyle Road. (6.14 miles) – milling is scheduled to start the week of April 22,
• Route 857 in Springhill Township just north of the West Virginia state line (1.17),
• A small section of Route 1051 (Crawford Avenue) in the City of Connellsville (.05 mile),
• Route 3027 (Mountain Road / Hopwood Fairchance Road) in Fairchance Borough and South Union Township between Fairchance and Hopwood. (4.23 miles),
• Route 4006 (New Salem Road) in South Union and Menallen Townships between Route 40 and Route 3023 (Mill Street). (4.47 miles),
• A small section of Route 4010 (Laurel Hill Road) near Route 51 in Menallen Township. (.06 mile) – milling and paving is scheduled to occur this week, and
• Industrial Park Road in Menallen Township between Route 51 and Laurel Hill Road – milling and paving is scheduled to occur this week. (.56 mile).
Construction on the above roads consists of milling, Superpave asphalt courses, base repair, pavement markings, drainage, and other miscellaneous construction on all or portions of the selected State Routes in Fayette County. This project also includes resurfacing of Industrial Park Road, a local road in Menallen Township, Fayette County. This project also includes resurfacing of Industrial Park Road, a local road in Menallen Township, Fayette County. The apparent low bidder on this approximately $5.9 million project is Golden Eagle Construction, Inc.
Below are surface improvements that are continuing from last season’s contract:
• Route 201 between Dickerson Run Road and Nellie Road will have closures in place April 26 through 29 starting at 6 AM each day. Marked detours will be in place. Automobiles will use Dickerson Road, Front Street, and Route 819. Trucks and large vehicles will use Route 201, Route 119, and Route 51.