The following state roads in PennDOT’s northwest region are closed to through traffic due to flooding.
• Mackey Hill Road/Miller Station Road/Brown Hill Road (SR 1016) from Route 6 in Cambridge to Miller Hill Road in Rockdale.
• Route 173 from Lippert Road/Lake Creek Road to Richie Road in Wayne Township.
• Wilson Shute Road (SR 2008) from Mercer Pike in Union Township to Route 322 in West Mead Township.
• Nebraska Road/Little Hickory Road/Guitonville Road (SR 3004) from German Hill Road to Sage Road in Green Township.
• Methodist Road (SR 4019) from Salem Road to Kennard Road in Sugar Grove Township.
• Cranberry Road/Springfield Church Road (SR 2007) from Elliot Road in Findley Township to Irishtown Road/Cranberry Road in Pine Township.
The roadways will reopen when water recedes, and conditions permit.
The following roads are now reopened:
• Townhall Road/State Road/Marsh Road/Townhall Lane/Creveling Road (SR 2005) from Wightman Road/Dutch Hill Road in Union Township to Route 285 in Fairfield Township.
• Mystic Park Road (SR 1011) from Cutch Street in Steuben Township to Kinsack Road in Oil Creek Township.
• Fish Flats Road/Sparta Street/Britton Road (SR 1041) from Garland Street to White Road in Centerville Borough.
• Pleasant Street/Elgin Road/Lovell Road (SR 2018) from Main Street in Elgin Borough to Spartansburg Road in Concord Township.
• French Creek Road (SR 2001) from Route 6 to Flatt Road in LeBoeuf Township.
• Old Garland Road/Kane Road (SR 3014) from Route 27 to Cole Hill Road in Pittsfield Township.
PennDOT urges motorists to be alert to water on roadways, obey warning signs and traffic control devices, and never drive through flooding or standing water on roads. Shallow, swiftly flowing water can wash a car from a roadway. Also, the roadbed may not be intact under the water.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 860 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAErie
MEDIA CONTACT: Jill Harry, 814-678-5035
# # #