PennDOT operates one of the most ambitious and comprehensive public-private partnership (P3) programs in the nation. The featured projects bring value to Pennsylvania by significantly reducing poor condition bridges, supporting motorist safety, enhancing mass transit and rail service, and in some cases, generating new revenue to support future investment.
PennDOT Invites Private Industry to Submit Qualifications for Major Bridge Public-Private Partnership Initiative
June 28, 2021
The state's Public-Private Transportation Partnership Office is inviting the private sector to submit their qualifications to compete for the opportunity to enter into a progressive public-private partnership (P3) with PennDOT to administer the Major Bridge P3 Initiative.
Major Bridge P3 RFQ
P3 Board releases 2019-2020 report
Download the Public-Private Partnership Board 2019-2020 report (PDF).
P3 Board Approves I-81 Project to Address Safety and Mobility Needs
December 4, 2019
The project includes widening the Interstate to three lanes in both directions between Exit 164 to Exit 168, realigning 2.5 miles of I-81 southbound and replacing 8 bridges, as well as other related improvements. Safety and mobility improvements include eliminating a left-hand exit on I-81 northbound (Route 309) and addressing a substandard weave distance between SR 0029 and SR 0309 on I-81 northbound.
- Vol. 13 - June 28, 2021 - PennDOT Issues Request for Qualifications for Major Bridge P3 Initiative
- Vol. 12 - June 14, 2021 - Board Meeting Announcement
- Vol. 11 - May 5, 2021 - Reminder: Major Bridge P3 Initiative Virtual Industry Outreach Event
- Vol. 10 - April 28, 2021 - PennDOT to Host Additional Virtual Industry Outreach Event for Major Bridge P3 Initiative
- Vol. 9 - April 7, 2021 - PennDOT Accepting Unsolicited Public-Private Partnership Proposals Until April 30
- Vol. 8 - April 7, 2021 - Sign Up for the PennDOT Pathways Newsletter
- Vol. 7 - March 25, 2021 - Reminder: Major Bridge P3 Initiative Virtual Industry Outreach Event
- Vol. 6 - March 15, 2021 - PennDOT to Host Virtual Industry Outreach Event for PA Major Bridge P3 Initiative
- Vol. 5 - February 22, 2021 - PennDOT Issues Request for Information (RFI) for PA Major Bridge Replacement and Rehabilitation Initiative
- Vol. 4 - February 19, 2021 - PennDOT Announces Major Bridge P3 Initiative Candidate Project Locations
- Vol. 3 - November 12, 2020 - P3 Board Approves Major Bridge Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Program
- Vol. 2 - November 5, 2020 - P3 Board Meeting Announcement
- Vol. 1 - October 9, 2020 - Message from the Director