All customers, accompanying drivers must wear face masks; examiners required to wear PPE
Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) reminds customers beginning today any customer in need of an appointment for a skills test, including motorcycle skills tests, may now schedule online by visiting www.dmv.pa.gov or by contacting the PennDOT Driver and Vehicle Services Call Center at 717-412-5300.
The skills test has been modified to mitigate potential exposure of PennDOT staff and customers while maintaining the integrity of the testing process.
The following enhanced safety measures for non-commercial skills tests will continue and the following safety protocols will be in place:
- PennDOT staff will remain outside the vehicle during the entire skills test. The test taker and accompanying driver will remain in the vehicle.
- In yellow phase counties, examiner will conduct basic health pre-screening of applicant. If applicant is displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, test will not be administered. There will be no pre-screening for customers in green counties.
- All customers and accompanying drivers must wear appropriate face masks during testing.
- Examiners will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves, eye protection during the exam.
- Examiners will utilize iPads during the administration of testing, which will be routinely disinfected using wipes or spray sanitizer.
PennDOT-Authorized Third Party Testers are also available for non-commercial testing. For a list of PennDOT Authorized Third Party Vendors, please visit our website.
Customers may continue to complete various transactions and access multiple resources online at www.dmv.pa.gov. Driver and vehicle online services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and include driver's license, photo ID and vehicle registration renewals; driver-history services; changes of address; driver license and vehicle registration restoration letters; ability to pay driver license or vehicle insurance restoration fee; and driver license and photo ID duplicates. There are no additional fees for using online services.
More COVID-19 information is available at www.health.pa.gov. For more information, visit www.dmv.pa.gov or www.PennDOT.gov.
MEDIA CONTACT: Diego Sandino, 717-645-8296 or email@example.com
EDITOR'S NOTE: Media are encouraged to honor the following guidelines to protect PennDOT's Driver License Centers and Photo License Centers customers and employees.
- Please refrain from entering a driver license center or photo center to photograph, record or interview PennDOT staff or customers. Please use the media contact information above if you should have additional questions or requests.
- Follow social distancing guidelines, remaining at least six feet away from any other individual.
- Respect the wishes of PennDOT customers who do not want to be photographed, recorded, or approached outside our locations.
- Direct all questions to the Media Contact or PennDOT Press Office, as Driver License Center staff will be focused on assisting customers.