PECO to Restrict Several State Highways Next Week for Utility Improvements Across Philadelphia Region
King of Prussia, PA – PECO Energy is planning single lane closures next week on several state highways in Bucks, Chester, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties for utility construction, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule is:
- Monday, May 11, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Route 532 (Washington Crossing Road) between Wrightstown Road and Bartons Mill Drive in Upper Makefield Township;
- Monday, May 11, through Friday, June 12, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Route 413 (Veterans Highway) between Elmhurst Avenue and Spruce Street in Bristol Township;
- Monday, May 11, through Friday, June 12, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Route 413 (Veterans Highway) between Ford Road and Wharton Road in Bristol Township; and
- Monday, May 11, through April 2021, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Route 313 (Dublin Pike) between Croft Drive and Stump Road in Plumstead Township.
- Monday, May 11, through Thursday, May 14, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, on U.S. 30 (Lancaster Pike) between Spring Street and Paoli Pike in Tredyffrin Township.
- Monday, May 11, through Friday, May 15, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a lane closure is scheduled on Route 23 (Conshohocken State Road) between Mary Waters Ford Road and Righters Mill Road in Lower Merion Township; and
- Monday, May 11, through Friday, May 15, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a lane closure is scheduled on Route 29 (Main Street) between 8th Street and 10th Street in Pennsburg Borough.
- Thursday, May 14, through Saturday, May 16, from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, on U.S. 1 (City Avenue) between Bala Avenue and Presidential Boulevard.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
PECO Energy will complete these projects under a PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit. For a list of all utility work and other construction projects impacting state-owned highways in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, visit our District 6 Traffic Bulletin.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/phillypenndot and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Chelsea Lacey-Mabe, 610-205-6798
# # #