King of Prussia, PA – Weekday lane restrictions with flagging are scheduled on Lincoln Highway between Neshaminy Street and just east of South Bucks Town Road in Penndel Borough and Middletown Township, Bucks County, on Monday, December 3, through Friday, December 14, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM for patching operations, as part of a project to repair and resurface 44 miles of state highway in Bucks County, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because slowdowns will occur. The contractor's schedule is dependent on the weather.
State highways completed under this resurfacing project include:
- Main Street/Yardley Morrisville Road between Maplevale Drive and Makefield Road in Yardley Borough and Lower Makefield Township;
- Trenton Road between Route 513 (Bellevue Avenue) and Route 413 (New Rodgers Road/Veteran Highway) in Hulmeville Borough and Middletown Township;
- New Ford Mill Road between Bordentown Road and Tyburn Road in Falls Township;
- Route 532 (Bustleton Pike) between County Line Road and Route 213 (Bridgetown Pike);
- Route 152 (Main Street/Limekiln Pike/Hilltown Pike) between East Butler Avenue and Mill Road in Chalfont Borough, and New Britain and Hilltown townships;
- Hilltown Pike between Route 152 (Limekiln Pike/Hilltown Pike) and Callowhill Road in Hilltown Township;
- Park Avenue/Ferry Road between Route 152 (North Main Street) and Old Easton Road in Chalfont Borough, and New Britain and Plumstead townships;
- Swamp Road between Route 232 (2nd Street Pike) and Route 413 (Newtown Bypass) in Wrightstown and Newtown townships;
- Route 563 (Ridge Road) between West Park Avenue and Route 313 (Dublin Pike) in Perkasie Borough and East Rockhill Township;
- Pine Run Road between Limekiln Road and Old Dublin Pike in Doylestown Township; and
- Route 563 (Mountain View Drive) between Route 313 (Dublin Pike) and Route 412 (Durham Road) in East Rockhill, Haycock and Nockamixon townships.
State highway scheduled for resurfacing under this contract include:
- Pineville Road/Ridge Road/Street Road/Lurgan Road between Route 413 (Durham Road) and Van Sant Road in Buckingham, Solebury and Upper Makefield townships.
Under this improvement project, PennDOT is milling the existing roadway surface and repaving the state highways with new asphalt. The new pavement will seal the roadways and provide motorists with a smoother riding surface.
Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc., of Blooming Glen, Bucks County is the general contractor on the $12,610,492 project, which is financed with 100 percent state funds from Act 89, Pennsylvania’s Transportation Plan.
Work on the entire project is expected to be completed in December 2018.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 860 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/PennDOTNews and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PennsylvaniaDepartmentofTransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Ayanna Williams, 610-205-6801
# # #