The P3 Office is helping to enhance safety for residents and motorists through the State Farm Safety Patrol. The service provides free assistance to motorists who breakdown on Pennsylvania's busy interstates and expressways.
In partnership with Travelers Marketing and State Farm, PennDOT receives $437,750 in sponsorship revenue each year to offset costs incurred by PennDOT and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) programs that provide the essential roadside assistance to motorists.
To date, the program has generated over $1.30 million in revenue, and allowed PennDOT to provide free roadside assistance to more than 24,000 stranded motorists.
- Service in Cumberland, Dauphin, and York counties on Interstates 81 and 83, and Route 581 comprising the Capital Beltway and its approaches
- Started in 2007
- Patrol Hours: Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Lehigh Valley Patrol
- Service in Lehigh and Northampton counties on I-78, U.S. 22, Route 33 and Route 309
- Started in 2005
- Patrol Hours: Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Service in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties on:
- I-76 between the Passyunk Avenue and PA Turnpike Interchange at Valley Forge in Philadelphia and Montgomery counties
- I-95 between Delaware state line and New Jersey state line in Delaware, Philadelphia and Bucks counties
- I-476 between I-95 and PA Turnpike Mid-County Interchange in Delaware and Montgomery counties
- I-676 between I-95 and I-76 in Philadelphia
- U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Expressway) between I-76 and 9th Street in Philadelphia
- U.S. 30 between U.S. 202 and Airport Road interchanges in Chester County
- U.S. 202 between South Gulph Road and Matlack Street in Montgomery and Chester counties
- U.S. 422 between U.S. 202 and Stowe interchanges in Chester and Montgomery counties
- Route 63 (Woodhaven Road) between I-95 and Evans Street in Philadelphia
- Route 309 between Easton Road and Route 63 in Montgomery County
- Started in 2000
- Patrol Hours: Monday to Friday 5:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Patrol Hours I-76 and I-95: Monday to Friday 5:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Service in Allegheny County on Interstates 79, 279 and 376
- Started in 1996
- Patrol Hours: Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.