Safety Patrol Sponsorship and Advertising
PennDOT previously partnered with Travelers Marketing to identify state-owned assets with potential for generating sponsorship revenue. The flagship initiative of this partnership was the State Farm Service Patrol, which offered motorists free assistance on the state's busy interstates and expressways; the program generated over $1.7 million in revenue and assisted more than 25,000 motorists.
The P3 agreement between PennDOT and Travelers Marketing has since expired (March 2019), and the P3 Office anticipates having an executed contract with the newly selected successful contractor in early 2020.
- Service in Cumberland, Dauphin, and York counties on Interstates 81 and 83, and Route 581 comprising the Capital Beltway and its approaches
- Started in 2007
- Patrol Hours: Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Lehigh Valley Patrol
- Service in Lehigh and Northampton counties on I-78, U.S. 22, Route 33 and Route 309
- Started in 2005
- Patrol Hours: Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Service in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties on:
- I-76 between the Passyunk Avenue and PA Turnpike Interchange at Valley Forge in Philadelphia and Montgomery counties
- I-95 between Delaware state line and New Jersey state line in Delaware, Philadelphia and Bucks counties
- I-476 between I-95 and PA Turnpike Mid-County Interchange in Delaware and Montgomery counties
- I-676 between I-95 and I-76 in Philadelphia
- U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Expressway) between I-76 and 9th Street in Philadelphia
- U.S. 30 between U.S. 202 and Airport Road interchanges in Chester County
- U.S. 202 between South Gulph Road and Matlack Street in Montgomery and Chester counties
- U.S. 422 between U.S. 202 and Stowe interchanges in Chester and Montgomery counties
- Route 63 (Woodhaven Road) between I-95 and Evans Street in Philadelphia
- Route 309 between Easton Road and Route 63 in Montgomery County
- Started in 2000
- Patrol Hours: Monday to Friday 5:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Patrol Hours I-76 and I-95: Monday to Friday 5:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Service in Allegheny County on Interstates 79, 279 and 376
- Started in 1996
- Patrol Hours: Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Service in Berks County on Routes 222, 422 and 12.
- Started in 2019
- Patrol Hours: Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.