The Transportation Revenue Options Commission (TROC) was established in March 2021 through an Executive Order signed by Governor Tom Wolf. It will develop comprehensive funding recommendations for Pennsylvania's vast transportation network.
The commission is comprised of transportation, economic, and community stakeholders from both the public and private sectors, including majority and minority leaders from the House and Senate Transportation and Appropriations committees. PennDOT Secretary Yassmin Gramian serves as commission chair.
The commission held its first meeting on March 25, 2021. A report of commission activities and funding options will be submitted to the Governor before Aug. 1, 2021.
Executive Order Number 2021-02 calls for specific responsibilities for the commission:
- Study and prepare a comprehensive list of potential revenue sources available for current and future funding of transportation in the Commonwealth for all modes of transportation. The funding sources must be reliable, dedicated, inflation sensitive, and adaptive to changing environmental factors;
- Prepare a comprehensive, strategic Commonwealth transportation funding proposal;
- Provide interim reports and recommendations to the Governor, as determined to be appropriate by the Commission chair, and submit a Final Report, to the Governor and the General Assembly as determined to be appropriate by the Commission chair;
- Convene its first meeting no later than March 25, 2021, with subsequent meetings as determined by members of the Commission. A simple majority of the members shall constitute a quorum; and
- Adopt rules of procedure consistent with the provisions of this Executive Order.
Find additional information about TROC and transportation funding in Pennsylvania at www.penndot.gov/funding. The TROC page of that funding site has details about commission members and an archive of materials from each meeting. PACast also provides public viewing of the meetings.
If you have questions about TROC, please email us at TROC@pa.gov.