Begin Main Content Area

​District 6 Damage Claims

Line Paint Claims

To report a paint damage claim in District 6 — which includes Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties, you must first download and fill out the commonwealth Bureau of Finance and Risk Management (FARM) Line Paint Claim Form (PDF). After you have downloaded the form, please complete sections 1, 3 and 4, and save a copy for your records.

line paint infographic

Once completed, send the form to Any questions concerning this form should also be sent to this email address for a response and follow-up.

Upon verification by PennDOT, your form will be sent to FARM for processing, and a representative from that office will contact you.

All claims are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and not all claims are honored as it is the vehicle operators' responsibility to operate their vehicle within the roadway lines and follow all warning and advisory signage. With line-painting operations being weather sensitive, they are conducted to provide the most cost-effective way of painting lines with the least disruption for the motoring public.

Note: You will be required to provide the date, time, county, state route number and area of the occurrence.

Disclaimer: The commonwealth's Bureau of Finance and Risk Management (FARM) within the Department of General Services is responsible for determining if a claim should be paid. FARM is not associated with PennDOT.

FARM requires PennDOT to review all claims associated with state-owned highways before they make a determination whether to pay.

Property Damage Claims

Damage claims not related to line paint need to be reviewed by our county maintenance office in which the occurrence was located. Before calling the appropriate county office (listed below), please have the following information available: time and location of the incident; property owner's name, address, and phone number; estimated damage, property description, and description of the damage; and a description of the incident causing damage. A representative at the county maintenance office will use this information to complete a claim form.

Upon verification by PennDOT your form will be sent to FARM for processing, and a representative from that office will contact you. FARM is responsible for determining if a claim should be paid, and is not associated with PennDOT.

County Contacts

  • Bucks County: 215-345-6060
  • Chester County: 484-340-3200
  • Delaware County: 610-566-0972
  • Montgomery County: 610-275-2368
  • Philadelphia County: 215-225-1415

NOTE ABOUT POTHOLE DAMAGE: You have the right to file a claim for damages to your vehicle as the result of hitting a pothole. Please be aware that FARM is required to investigate and adjudicate claims against the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in accordance with PA C.S.A. Title 42 § 8522. Exception to Sovereign Immunity (b)5. Potholes and other dangerous conditions, which specifically prohibits the payment of a property damage claims caused by potholes, sinkholes, and/or conditions created by the natural elements. FARM is bound by the provisions of Act 152 and is required to deny the claim. This applies to every claim except in very limited circumstances.