PennDOT Public-Private Partnerships
What is a P3 Project?
A P3 project is a contractual agreement between a public entity and private entity that:
- Transfers the responsibility of a facility’s engineering, construction, operation and/or maintenance to the private sector for a defined period of time;
- Allows the private sector to perform by contract a service previously provided by the public sector; and
- Ensures the private firm receives payments either from existing revenue sources or through the collection of new tolls or user fees.
The two basic P3 project types are:
- New Build Facilities – Adding capacity to the system by building something new.
- Existing Facilities – Improving capacity or performance of the current system through a P3 arrangement.
Public Private Partnerships Office
P.O. Box 3545
Harrisburg, PA 17105
Transportation Partnership Board
Leslie S. Richards, Chair
Secretary of Transportation
Secretary of the Budget (Acting)
Governor At-Large Appointment (Vacant)
Past Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Gannett Fleming, Inc.
Laborer’s District Council of Philadelphia and Vicinity
Hon. Steve Santarsiero
PA House of Representatives