FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 12, 2016
Route 1028 Culmerville Truss Bridge Replacement Project begins Monday in West Deer Township
Pittsburgh – PennDOT District 11 is announcing work to replace the Culmerville Truss Bridge on Bakerstown Road (Route 1028) in West Deer Township, Allegheny County, will begin Monday, May 16 weather permitting.
This $4.57 million bridge project will replace the existing structure that carries Bakerstown Road over the Canadian National Railway between Saxonburg Boulevard and Little Deer Creek Valley Road. Beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, an around-the-clock closure of the bridge will occur through Friday, August 12. All traffic will be detoured.
From West of the Bridge
· Take Saxonburg Boulevard (Route 1013) south to East Union Road (Route 1025)
· Turn left onto East Union Road and follow to Starr Road (Route 1026)
· Turn left onto Starr Road and follow to Little Deer Creek Valley Road (Route 1015)
· Turn left onto Little Deer Creek Valley Road and follow back to Bakerstown Road
· End detour
From East of the Bridge
· Same detour in opposite direction
The project will also include roadway approach work, drilling, excavation, resurfacing and other miscellaneous construction activities.
Brayman Construction Corporation is the prime contractor. Approximately 4,000 vehicles use the bridge on a daily basis.
Motorists are advised to use caution and slow down when traveling through the area. Visit 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions on major roadways before traveling.
MEDIA CONTACT: Steve Cowan, 412-429-5010
# # #