PennDOT’s State Farm Safety Patrol is a roving patrol offering free motorist assistance on select expressways in the Lehigh Valley, Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh regions.
The State Farm Safety Patrol assists motorists with towing, jump starts, flat tire repair and more on all or portions of heavily traveled roads during the business week. In 2013, the patrols assisted a total of 17,612 motorists.
- Service in Cumberland, Dauphin and York counties on Interstates 81 and 83, and Route 581 comprising the Capital Beltway and its approaches
- Started in 2007
Lehigh Valley Patrol
- Service in Lehigh and Northampton counties on I-78, U.S. 22, Route 33 and Route 309
- Started in 2005
Service in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties on:
- I-76 between the Passyunk Avenue and PA Turnpike Interchange at Valley Forge in Philadelphia and Montgomery counties
- I-95 between Delaware state line and New Jersey state line in Delaware, Philadelphia and Bucks counties
- I-476 between I-95 and PA Turnpike Mid-County Interchange in Delaware and Montgomery counties
- I-676 between I-95 and I-76 in Philadelphia
- U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Expressway) between I-76 and 9th Street in Philadelphia
- U.S. 30 between U.S. 202 and Airport Road interchanges in Chester County
- U.S. 202 between South Gulph Road and Matlack Street in Montgomery and Chester counties
- U.S. 422 between U.S. 202 and Stowe interchanges in Chester and Montgomery counties
- Route 63 (Woodhaven Road) between I-95 and Evans Street in Philadelphia
- Route 309 between Easton Road and Route 63 in Montgomery County
- Started in 2000
- Service in Allegheny County on Interstates 79, 279 and 376.
- Started in 1996