Skip Navigation LinksDOT > Doing Business > Local Government > Storm Water Management

Storm Water Management

Highway storm water systems can be installed by PennDOT, a public applicant through a Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP), a local government or a combination thereof.  Maintenance responsibility of both existing and new systems depends on multiple factors.

These pages provide information regarding the planning, design, construction and maintenance of storm water management systems in state highway right-of-way.

For questions or comments, contact Daryl St. Clair, P.E., at 717-214-1883 or ​


HOP Storm Water Information